I know it’s a little early to start talking about Easter but as soon as I saw that Creme Eggs and Mini Eggs were already in the supermarkets, I had to come up with an excuse to buy them and that’s where I thought of making a Creme Egg Rocky Road.
You can never go wrong with a rocky road, it’s so simple to make and tastes amazing.
Here’s the recipe so you can have a go yourself!
- 150g Unsalted Butter
- 250g Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 150g Milk Chocolate, chopped
- 4 tablespoons Golden Syrup
- 180g Mini Creme Eggs, unwrapped
- 180g Mini Marshmallows
- 150g Digestive Biscuits, crushed into chunks
- 150g White Chocolate, chopped
- Yellow gel food colouring
- 8 full size Creme Eggs, unwrapped
- Melt the butter in a large pan over a low heat.
- When the butter is about half melted, add the chopped dark chocolate, milk chocolate and the golden syrup. Continue to melt it all over a low heat and stir until it’s thick and well combined.
- Remove from the heat and set aside for 10 minutes until it’s cooled slightly. I normally leave it for a bit longer to make sure it’s completely cooled down.
- Add the mini Creme Eggs, the marshmallows and the digestive biscuits. Stir until everything is coated.
- Line a 20cm x 20cm baking tin with baking paper and firmly press the mixture in.
- Meanwhile, melt the white chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of steaming water. When melting white chocolate, always make sure you keep the heat low as the chocolate can seize easily.
- Take half of the melted chocolate and put in another bowl. Using the gel food colouring, colour until a very deep yellow.
- Drizzle the white chocolate and the coloured white chocolate over the rocky road.
- Cut the full size Creme Eggs in half and sit on the top, pressing in firmly.
- Allow to set in the fridge for at least a couple of hours.
So there it is, a simple recipe for a beautiful creation.