A few weeks ago on a lovely Sunday afternoon I decided to get into the Christmas spirit (early for some people, but not me). I thought a Chocolate Orange Cheesecake would be the best way to get everyone in the mood.
The photo shows how tempting it is and my god was it delicious – if I do say so myself.
I found the following recipe online at http://www.channel4.com/programmes/sunday-brunch/articles/july/chocolate-orange-cheesecake-recipe/4754
300g double chocolate cookies
Zest of an orange
250g full fat cream cheese
150g icing sugar
200g Terry’s Chocolate Orange (leave some for decorating)
150g double cream
1. Crush the biscuits to crumbs
2. Mix in the melted butter and zest of 1 orange until well combined, then press into the bottom of the tin
3. Mix together the cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth, set aside
4. Melt the 200g of chocolate orange in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl isn’t touching the water
5. Once melted, quickly whip the cream in a bowl until it forms soft peaks, then add the melted chocolate and cream cheese mixture
6. Mix until smooth and well combined
7. Pour onto the biscuit base and smooth out. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours
8. When you are ready to serve, decorate with the remaining chocolate orange slices and orange zest
Now go get baking – it’s worth all the calories!